Date(s) - 01/07/2021
18:00 - 19:00
Thursday, 01st July, 18h00
The death of Stanislaw Tomáš, a Roma man from the Czech Republic, shortly after a police intervention, in which a police officer pressed his knee on his neck for six minutes, sparked protests across Europe against racially motivated police violence against Romani people. What actions can the EU take to combat police misconduct against racialised minorities?
I want to invite you to an online discussion on this matter that we are planning in cooperation with the European Roma Grassroots Organisations Network (ERGO).
List of Speakers:
- Romeo Franz, Member of European Parliament for The Greens/EFA, Vice-President ARDI Intergroup
- Michal Miko, RomanoNet, Czech Republic
- Jonathan Lee, Advocacy and Communications Manager, European Roma Rights Centre
- Ghyslain Vedeux, Vice-Chair, European Network Against Racism
- Isabela Mihalache, Senior Advocacy Officer, European Roma Grassroots Organisations Network